MY GOALS FOR MYSELF AS AN ASPIRING FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHER !


Continuous line drawing on teacher First of all I see the opportunity to be able to introduce children to an entirely new language as a great privilege. In primary school some of the students might already have a little knowledge of English beforehand, but some might not have any knowledge of the English language at all. As their teacher, I have the possibility to either provide the students with knowledge or add to their knowledge and help them succeed in learning a new language and to help the students to develop new skills. Denmark is a small country and we as danes need to learn and master other international languages in order to communicate with people from other countries. Learning foreign languages and learning about foreign cultures is extremely important to help us to understand other people. However learning about other cultures can also help us in our understanding of ourselves. Learning a new language can be extremely challenging and hard, especially in the beginning. Therefore it is important that the students stay interested from the very beginning. When I first started learning English when I was a child, the teacher was not very innovative at all. I remember having to practise spelling words week after week and having to conjugate verbs again and again. A lot has changed since then. For the better. I hope that I will be better. I hope to engage the children in a way that makes them want to learn more. I hope to be able to create an atmosphere where the students will be comfortable enough to dare to read aloud or ask questions. Learning can not always be fun and games, but there are many ways to make the lessons varied and interesting and fun for the students. My goal is to inspire the children and to be able to transfer some of my own joy of English to the students. My goal is to project enthusiasm and to confidently guide my students from non english speakers to capable and able speakers of English. I hope to develop great strategies and methods in my teaching, which will support the students' learning progress. I hope that my knowledge of English will be more than sufficient in order for me to provide the students with enough knowledge of English and the importance of the subject. I hope to confidently be able to structure my teaching programmes in a way which benefits all my students on all levels with all their differences and abilities. I have always loved english, I have travelled a lot and have been used to making use of english in my everyday life. This does not mean that I believe that I have nothing more to learn, in fact I think it is the complete opposite, I have a tremendous amount to learn. I know how to write in English, I know how to speak it and translate to and from danish, but i don't know much about how to teach English to new learners or how to make the students motivated and stay motivated to learn more. I am very motivated and excited to be teaching English. I have big expectations for this semester and the upcoming semesters. I hope to gain knowledge and confidence and loads of methods, strategies and ideas on how to become a good role model and language teacher in the future.

Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Artifact 2 -(“Læremiddelanalyse og/eller egen produktion af materialer”)

Reflections on artefact 4